Alex Pacheco is self taught, and he began with no business experience, no training, no money, no staff, no office, no members, no college degree, and no job. He is responsible for fundraising, and he brought in over $60,000,000 during his last five years in D.C.
- He increased the organizational income from $0 per year to $16,000,000 annually before leaving; so the income reached $25,000,000 in 2000.
- He increased the membership base from 2 members to over 700,000 paying members before leaving. In 2006 it reached 1,000,000.
- He is a proven, effective start up leader who increased the development budget from $0 to over $2 million per year.
Pacheco oversaw the production of high end special events in many venues such as . . .
- the Democratic Club on Capital Hill
- The Kennedy Center
- the Ritz Carlton
- the Willard Intercontinental
- the Palladium
- Radio City Music Hall
- . . . and many others.
His largest single special event to date is a Black Tie Gala at Paramount Studios with 1,000 guests (Charles Bronson, Colombo, et. al.) that was hosted by Paul McCartney, Kim Basinger, Alec Baldwin, Ellen DeGeneres, and Woody Harrelson. It was underwritten by John Paul and John Paul Mitchell Systems, and it had live performances by Paul McCartney, Chrissey Hynde of the Pretenders, and The B-52's.
- Aired on VH1
- Raised over $2,000,000
Pacheco increased the total number of employees from 0 to over 140 full time employees.
His specialty is Major Donor recruitment and development of $25,000 to $100,000 per year donors.
- Single largest cash gift brought in to date: $1 million.
- Single largest one lump sum bequest brought in to date: $3.6 million.
He increased Development Department staffing from 0 to over a dozen. He has a proven record of securing numerous Foundation Grants. He is experienced at recruiting, hiring, evaluating, and directing the work of Development Directors.
Pacheco has substantial Direct Mail experience. He has mailed an average of 12 million pieces of cold mail annually. He co-created constant flow of tailored mail campaigns for warm and cold markets.
Pacheco oversaw a $500,000 promotional merchandise program, and he produced his own label and brand. He also oversaw production and marketing of music albums/CD's featuring songs by The Red Hot Chili Peppers, The B-52's, Chrissey Hynde, k.d. Lang, Paul McCartney, and many others.
He is recognized as an accomplished no frills go-getter who has never sought nor accepted a dollar of tax funds. Instead, spends money suing the government to force it to enforce the few laws that exist against cruelty to animals.