- U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration . . . (performs painful, fatal drug tests on live animals)
- U.S. Department of Justice . . . (is pressured by industry to pursue numerous animal activists)
- U.S. Department of Defense . . . (kills millions of animals in painful experiments)
- U.S. Department of Transportation . . . (allows and performs painful fatal experiments on animals)
- U.S. Department of the Interior . . . (allows the maiming and killing of millions of wild animals)
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency . . . (performs painful fatal experiments on live animals)
- U.S. Department of Agriculture . . . (allows painful fatal experiments on millions of live animals, etc.)
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration . . . (allows painful fatal experiments on millions of live animals)
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service . . . (promotes the maiming and killing of millions of wild animals)
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services . . . (sponsors painful fatal tests on millions of animals)
- National Park Service . . . (allows hunting and trapping in National Parks, etc.)
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms . . . (performs painful, fatal tests on animals)
- Smithsonian Institution . . . (owns the National Zoo where experiments on animals are performed)
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke . . . (performs painful animal tests)
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration . . . (authorize painful animal tests)
- National Science Foundation . . . (funds many painful animal experiments)
- National Institutes of Health . . . (performs painful animal experiments)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration . . . (performed painful animal experiments)
- International Trade Commission . . . (regulates inhumane trapping and killing of wildlife)
- Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service . . . (charged by Congress with enforcing the AWA)
- Federal Bureau of Investigations . . . (are pressured by corporations to pursue some activists)
- Federal Trade Commission . . . (regulates the businesses responsible for most animal suffering)
- European Union . . . (not a U.S. agency, regulates inhumane practices inflicted on millions of animals)
Unprecedented action by any H.H.S. Secretary, after Pacheco successfully lobbied Congress to apply political pressure on the H.H.S. to suspend an abusive primate-brain-scrambling laboratory by suspending targeted federal funding.
Covered by virtually all major media outlets.
The budget of the U.S. Defense Department is less.
Followed in the footsteps of Nancy Reagan, this time making her announcement before the Inauguration Day ceremonies, and this time with much less resistance.
Raised money for and campaigned for pro-animal, conservative hawk Senator Robert Smith (R-NH)of the Senate Environmental Protection and Armed Services Committees.
- the American Medical Association,
- the Association of American Medical Colleges,
- the U.S. National Institutes of Health,
- the U.S. Department of Agriculture,
- the American Psychological Association,
- . . . and many, many more.
For 20 years Alex directed the congressional lobbying efforts of the world's number one animal advocacy organization. He was responsible for hiring, evaluating, motivating, and directing the work of lobbyists, and organizing political media events and legislative campaigns covering a very wide spectrum of political issues and needs. (1980-2000)
For 10 years (1986-1996) Pacheco directed the congressional lobbying of this $8 million advocacy organization. He was responsible for hiring, evaluating, motivating and directing the work of lobbyists and all lobbying efforts, political media events, legislative communications and political strategy on a large number of political issues such as convincing federal agencies to end their long standing practice of requiring the use of live, fully conscious animals in extremely painful and ultimately fatal "Lethal Dose 50" tests.
Lobbied the Taiwan government with actor Steven Seagal to successfully push through passage of the first and only law in Taiwan outlawing cruelty to animals.